Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bad news....

It's been a while since I posted and that's because several weeks ago I hurt my foot. I'm not sure that it was while I was running or not, but it was while I was running that I first got the shot of pain that extended from my left heel directly up my body to the tip top of my head.

If I could map what a branching bolt of lightening would look like if that were inside my body, that is what this felt like. I can walk and it's OK with just a tad bit of discomfort, but if I try to run, by the 20th step it's like I'm stepping onto a shard of glass.

While it heals, I'm going to be out of training so long that someone as un-trained as me couldn't get back into it. SO, I'm out until next year.

BIG thanks to those folks who donated to my cause! I'll be able to count that next year so your gifts won't go un-noted.

Thanks to everyone who was such a great support!

See you all next year

1 comment:

Ryan Barrett said...

Chris, sorry to hear about your injury. I was also training with the AIDS Marathon program this year, but dropped out due to a foot injury.

You'll recover from the injury and you'll be stronger. There are a ton of half marathons scheduled in Chicago and the surrounding burbs. While it won't be running in Amsterdam, it is still a lot of fun.

Good luck with running. It really is the best sport!