Friday, April 25, 2008

Am I ready?

Since I first moved to Chicago I've seen the AIDS Marathon Training Program posters all over the place, especially on the CTA. I've always entertained the idea, but ME? Run? yeah....

Then I worked directly with AIDS Foundation and thought had that continued that I would do it "next year". Long story short, there was a parting of ways that left a bad taste in my mouth and while I completely support their mission, I wasn't going to do a damn thing to help out AFC. (bad blood runs deep.. burning bridges does NOT help no matter how much a peon you think me to be) But time has passed and time heals old wounds.

So now I can have a program to help me get healthier and help a fantastic cause. I start training with my group on Saturday, May 3 at 7am. I think we only run a mile. I can do that... I think... :)

1 comment:

Bunny said...

I'll be rooting for you!!! You couldn't pay me to run with you, but I'll support you any other way!